Re: pg_upgrade bugs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pg_upgrade bugs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 09/03/2012 12:00 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Maybe, to reduce future backpatching pain, we could backpatch the change
>> to exec_prog() API now that you have fixed the implementation?
> I'm inclined to think this is a good idea, but keep in mind we're less
> than four days from wrapping 9.2.0.  There's not a lot of margin for
> error here.
>
> At the same time, getting pg_upgrade to pass regression on Windows would
> be a good thing, and ought to go a long way towards ameliorating worries
> about this.

My first focus was on getting it working on HEAD, and I only got there
fairly late last night.

I'll look at getting testing working on 9.2 today.

At this stage my plan is to make the absolute minimum changes necessary,
but if Alvaro wants to do something a bit larger to align t code, I'll
be happy to test it.

cheers

andrew