Re: "Need some information about postgresql products and community" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavin Flower
Subject Re: "Need some information about postgresql products and community"
Date
List pgsql-general
On 29/08/12 02:29, mithun wrote:

Dear Sir,

We are gathering information regarding  PostgreSQL open source product quality and its community. Can you kindly help me  to find following data.

1.       Number of releases happened since last 12 months along with its version numbers.

2.       Number of Bugs fixed since last 12 months and last 6 months.

3.       Activities in each of the mailing list. Like number of posts and number of members involved since last 12 months and last 6 months.

4.       Number of code contributors since last 12 months and last 6 months.

5.       Major contributors to the community.

6.       Number of downloads of the PostgreSQL open source software.

With Regrards

Mithun C Y

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

I am curious as to why you want this information, and what you intend doing with it.

As to quality, I would have thought performance metrics, sizes of databases, ... would have been useful.

Cheers,
Gavin

(P.S. You cannot validly prohibit the use of information emailed to a public mailing list, and it is of dubious validity to prohibit use of email sent privately anyhow!)