Re: Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)? - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Find Dialog in SQL box (Admin3)?
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
It's rumoured that Yurgis Baykshtis once said:
> Guys, I know it's not implemented in Admin3.
> So, I would like to do it for myself otherwise the editor is pretty
> useless at least for me since I deal with long stored functions.
>
> I believe that Scintilla control supports search and has built-in "Find
> Dialog". I see a method FindText() of the edit control that performs
> actual search but I cannot find a search dialog class or any method to
> call it.

Hi Yurgis,

Search (& replace) would be a nice additions to pgAdmin. Unfortunately
I've found the documentation on the StyledTextControl to be minimal at
best - I was often reading the source to figure it out.
I don't believe there are any dialogues implemented in it (though I may be
wrong), so I suspect your only option is to create your own and use the
FindText() function. :-(
Regards, Dave.