Re: Installation on XP - Permissions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: Installation on XP - Permissions
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 15, 2005, at 6:14 PM, Glenn Sullivan wrote:

> When running the installer on XP, I get to the "Service Configuration"
> panel.
> When I enter the password and click OK, I get:
>      Failed to open local computer policy.       Unable to determine
> user account rights(5).
>
> If I click OK to that, the install continues until it fails complaining
> about needing access to C:\WINDOWS\system32 to write libpq.dll .
>
> The first problem may be causing the second one.  Anyone have an
> idea why It fails to open local computer policy?

I have not seen this error, but I have only used an administrative
account to install (I don't recall reading that this is a requirement,
but I suspect it is since things are installed in the Windows
directory). Can you manually configure services and user accounts? If
not, try switching to the main administrator account for installation.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL