Re: 8.3b2 XPath-based function index server crash - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matt Magoffin
Subject Re: 8.3b2 XPath-based function index server crash
Date
List pgsql-general
> "Matt Magoffin" <postgresql.org@msqr.us> writes:
>> I took the latest snapshot from /dev, but I still get the same crash:
>
> Drat :-(.  Please try a bit harder at generating a self-contained
> test case.  Given where the crash is happening, I suspect it may be
> only weakly if at all dependent on your input data, so you may not need
> to work that hard at generating dummy data.  In any case it's unlikely
> to depend much on the content (as opposed to the XML structure) of your
> data, so possibly you could sanitize your real data sufficiently by
> stripping out everything but the XML tags.

Hmm. I do have a load testing program with which I _might_ be able to get
to generate a sufficient amount of dummy data. However, it apparently will
require many tens of thousands of rows to reproduce the problem. Will I be
able to post a dump file from this table somewhere? I don't have a public
server I could host it from.

-- m@