Re: 8.3b2 XPath-based function index server crash - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 8.3b2 XPath-based function index server crash
Date
List pgsql-general
"Matt Magoffin" <postgresql.org@msqr.us> writes:
> I took the latest snapshot from /dev, but I still get the same crash:

Drat :-(.  Please try a bit harder at generating a self-contained
test case.  Given where the crash is happening, I suspect it may be
only weakly if at all dependent on your input data, so you may not need
to work that hard at generating dummy data.  In any case it's unlikely
to depend much on the content (as opposed to the XML structure) of your
data, so possibly you could sanitize your real data sufficiently by
stripping out everything but the XML tags.

            regards, tom lane