Re: Postgress - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From David A. Leedom
Subject Re: Postgress
Date
List pgsql-admin
James,

Fist of all I don't have much time to help with anything like that.

Having said that...It depends.

If you are running windows installing it can be a pain in the butt.  You have to get cgwin which installs a kind of unix shell on your computer.  I have done it and it is not easy.

If you are running Unix/Linux all you need to do is unload the tar in a directory.  There will be documentation on compiling the code on your system.  You will typically run a 'configure' command followed by a 'make' and then a 'make install'.  However, this is simply a quick overview.  You must read the documentation to make sure you are doing to right things.

Dave Leedom.

P.S I CCed the admin list so all can see and comment on our interaction.