Re: PHP as PL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rod Kreisler
Subject Re: PHP as PL
Date
List pgsql-general
At 01:15 PM 4/6/2003 -0400, Jan Wieck wrote:
>Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > Rod Kreisler wrote:
> > > Does anyone know of an individual/group/whatever working on a project to
> > > allow PHP to be used as a PL for Postgres?
> >
> > No, never heard of one, but I think MySQL may have one.
>
>What? I heard their plan was to use perl for user defined functions a
>while back. At that time of course without server side data access
>inside the same transaction, but things might have changed.
>
>Anyhow, I think PHP as a procedural language inside PostgreSQL would
>make a lot of sense. It seems natural to use the same programming
>language when trying to split up the business logic between the middle
>tear layer (Apache/PHP) and the database.
>

>Jan

When the first Zend Engine was released, Zeev (or Andi) mentioned that they
were is discussion with MySQL AB to have PHP as a PL for MySQL.  Since
then, not a word.  MySQL only mentions that they plan to have PL support in
v5 but no mention of what language that will use....