Re: PHP as PL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: PHP as PL
Date
List pgsql-general
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Rod Kreisler wrote:
> > Does anyone know of an individual/group/whatever working on a project to
> > allow PHP to be used as a PL for Postgres?
>
> No, never heard of one, but I think MySQL may have one.

What? I heard their plan was to use perl for user defined functions a
while back. At that time of course without server side data access
inside the same transaction, but things might have changed.

Anyhow, I think PHP as a procedural language inside PostgreSQL would
make a lot of sense. It seems natural to use the same programming
language when trying to split up the business logic between the middle
tear layer (Apache/PHP) and the database.

Jan