Re: Postgres Databases growing without much reason - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Rust
Subject Re: Postgres Databases growing without much reason
Date
Re: Postgres Databases growing without much reason  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com>)
List pgsql-general
At 14:03 14.02.03, you wrote:
>On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 11:58:00AM +0100, Andreas Rust wrote:
> > I completely dumped the dbase, dropped and restored it and instead of 2 GB
> > it was
> > only using 150 MB then. Now, after having this running for about 2 Weeks
> > constantly,
> > the performance is falling down again and the database grew up to 550 MB
> > again, although
> > there was not much inserted into the dbase-tables.
>
>Can you find which files in the data directory are growing? They're numbered
>by oid, which you can lookup in pg_class.

Yes, I can ...

After an advice, I just did "vacuum full" instead of analyze and that
brought the DB
down to some 350 MB again ... no time this week anymore, but will check
into that
middle next week again.

Thx for all your help, ppl :)

l8r