Re: CVS doesn't compile initdb and other binaries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurent Perez
Subject Re: CVS doesn't compile initdb and other binaries
Date
List pgsql-general
> > You can't mix binaries from different versions.  You are basically stuck
> > on 7.3.X until we can upgrade, or you can pull out the patch from CVS
> > and see if that works -- I am not sure if that is safe.

I'm not trying to mix versions, I'm only trying to compile binaries
(initdb,createdb, and others) from the CVS tree.

>  As for *why* the whole thing didn't build, I have no idea: I rebuild my
> CVS HEAD checkout all the time, and it works
>fine.

I really don't know what to do, I tried on three systems (debian,rh,slack)
and none did compile binaries except postmaster & psql. No error was shown
after make or make install.

> > > cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.postgresql.org:/projects/cvsroot
> co -P
> > > pgsql-server
>You probably want just pgsql-server.

I tried pgsql or pgsql-server both 'skip' binaries compilation.

I'm abit afraid to get a cvs fix to be applied to our 7.3.2 production box,
having troubles with that mark4update bug and also with another bug Tom
Lane helped me to fix by modifying source code : is a 7.3.3 version
scheduled in the next weeks ?

Thanks

Laurent Perez