Re: PostgreSQL 12 Press Release - First Draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Gunnar \"Nick\" Bluth
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 12 Press Release - First Draft
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

--8><------><8----

>> but I can't figure out what it should be.
>
> Thanks! I incorporated most of your suggestions in the updated copy.

Awesome work as usual, Jonathan!

My 2p:

- To me, a non-native speaker, this ("select") feels odd (although I see
what's meant!) in a text on a database:
"that only need to retrieve data from a select few"

- Okular doesn't display the 'distance operator (“”)' (but that might be
Okular, afterall)

- s/can be computed its value/can be computed/ (that's been mentioned
already, I think)

- I'd personally leave the "in PostgreSQL 12" out of "additional
security and functionality in PostgreSQL 12"

- s/an authentication client/an authenticating client/ ?

Cheers!
--
Gunnar "Nick" Bluth
DBA ELSTER