Re: Regarding column reordering project for GSoc 2012 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Atri Sharma
Subject Re: Regarding column reordering project for GSoc 2012
Date
Re: Regarding column reordering project for GSoc 2012  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Alvaro,
Thanks for going through my description.

I was going through the posts,when I realised that if we give each client the flexibility of defining his/her own order
withcomplete control,that would be probably the right way(IMHO).

I mean,if the user sees,not the physical implementation,but a customizable interface instead,which is mapped to the
physicalimplementation,then,we can solve to some extent,the problem of logical/physical decoupling.

If you are free,I can come on IRC right now and explain my idea to you.

Atri