Re: Books, the lulu.com scam - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Coventry
Subject Re: Books, the lulu.com scam
Date
List pgsql-general
2009/11/21 Yordan Radunchev <jordan.radunchev@gmail.com>:
> Postgre have such a great (and helpful and wiling to share knowledge)
> community and great on-line documentation for free.

+1

> Books (content) tent to get old and more useless with every Postgre
> update. If some one offers a book with lifetime support meaning that it will be
> updated regularly following Postgre updates - that will be an offer...
> but still - I don't need a book.

I bought an O'Rielly Javascript book once, but had to ask a question
online on the javascript group. I was flamed for using outdated
documentation. (And they never even answered my question, either)

This Postgres list is one of the most helpful around; thank you all!