Re: Books, the lulu.com scam - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Yordan Radunchev
Subject Re: Books, the lulu.com scam
Date
Re: Books, the lulu.com scam  (Dave Coventry <dgcoventry@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 08:37:45AM -0700, Bill Todd wrote:
> The Adobe ebook reader is available for Windows and Mac. I thought Adobe
> offered a Linux version too but apparently not. It is not Lulu's fault that
> Adobe does not offer a Linux version of the ebook reader.
>
> Bill
>
> Alan Gruskoff wrote:
>
>     So I bought this "book" thinking it was a PDF file which I am fine with.
>
>     Its not. They download an .acsm file that will only work with their
>     proprietary Windoze software.
>
>     I am really angry with lulu.com about this.
>
>     - Alan Gruskoff

Postgre have such a great (and helpful and wiling to share knowledge)
community and great on-line documentation for free. Why should one buy a
book? Is there anything in that book that one can't find in the on-line
documentation or here?! Seriously? Even if it is PDF I will pass. Books
(content) tent to get old and more useless with every Postgre update. If
some one offers a book with lifetime support meaning that it will be
updated regularly following Postgre updates - that will be an offer...
but still - I don't need a book.

-- All texts and all
ideas expressed by me in this message are covered by CC-BY-NC-SA-3.0.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

Attachment