Statement Triggers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gordan Bobic
Subject Statement Triggers
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Can anyone point me at a comprehensive example of statement (as opposed to
row) triggers? I've googled it and looked through the documentation, but
couldn't find a complete example relevant to what I'm trying to do.

Specifically, what features of the SQL statement that triggered the event
are available to the function invoked by the trigger? Say I wanted to write
all INSERT statements executed on a table into a log file. How would I
access the original statement in the triggered function? If I cannot access
the statement itself, what information is available for statement based
triggers?

Thanks.

Gordan