Re: Dily health checks to be created in short time - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Joshua Tolley
Subject Re: Dily health checks to be created in short time
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 11:47:35AM +0200, Machiel Richards wrote:
>                    I need to create a checklist and SOP document that needs
>    to be sent out today for a daily health check process on all postgres
>    databases.

One thing lots of people use is check_postgres.pl [1]. It provides "actions"
to check all sorts of aspects of database health, in general without impacting
the database particularly. You might read through its documentation and find a
list of actions you feel would provide the monitoring you're looking for.

[1] http://bucardo.org/wiki/Check_postgres

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation