Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: [HACKERS] path toward fasterpartition pruning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: [HACKERS] path toward fasterpartition pruning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi David.

On 2017/12/07 19:48, David Rowley wrote:
> On 30 November 2017 at 11:15, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Committed 0004 after reviewing the code and testing that it seems to
>> work as advertised.
>>
>> 0005 looks like it might need to be split into smaller patches.  More
>> broadly, the commit messages you wrote for for 0005, 0006, and 0008
>> don't seem to me to do a great job explaining the motivation for the
>> changes which they make.  They tell me what the patches do, but not
>> why they are doing it.  If there's an email in this thread that
>> explains that stuff, please point me to it and I'll go back and reread
>> it more carefully; if not, I think I definitely need some more
>> explanation both of the mission of each patch and the reason why the
>> patch set is divided up in the way that it is.
>
> Hi Amit,
>
> It looks like just 0005 to 0008 remain of this and I see that the v13
> 0005 patch no longer applies to current master.
>
> Are you working on splitting this up as requested by Robert above?
>
> I can continue reviewing this once patches are available that apply to
> current master.

I'm still working on that.  I will be able to submit a new version
sometime early in the next week, that is, if I don't manage to do it by
today evening (Japan time).  Sorry that it's taking a bit longer.

Thanks,
Amit