Re: 9.1.3 backends getting stuck in 'startup' - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Jeff Frost
Subject Re: 9.1.3 backends getting stuck in 'startup'
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 04/28/12 17:17, Jeff Frost wrote:
> Since I had a theory that it's probably stalling on pg_catalog access, one of the guys wrote a test harness that
makesseveral connections and creates and drops lots of temp tables. That does seem to allow us to reproduce the issue
inthe production DB, but not in a newly created DB.  So, we're about to initdb a new data directory and slony replicate
thedata over to it on the original server.

After slony replicating over to the freshly initdb'd original server, the
problem has not recurred.  Maybe the problem was catalog corruption?