Re: How to tell if server is in backup mode? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gabriele Bartolini
Subject Re: How to tell if server is in backup mode?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Toby,

Il 28/03/12 09:14, Toby Corkindale ha scritto:
> Is there any function like pg_is_in_backup() to tell if the mode has
> been enabled?

Currently, there's no such a function. In general we simply check if a
'backup_label' file exists in PGDATA. However, it could be a good idea
to add it as admin function (I will have a think about it and possibly
come up with a patch).

Ciao,
Gabriele

--