yum repository packages 9.0 and 9.1 libpq conflict - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject yum repository packages 9.0 and 9.1 libpq conflict
Date
List pgsql-general
this is probably mostly for Devrim, since he's the packager of the RPM
repository....

So I have a CentOS 6.2 x86_64 system that was running postgres 9.0 from
Devrim's yum repo...   I installed 9.1 and was going to do a parallel
upgrade, but the entry for 9.0 in
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/postgresql-9.0-libs.conf  was causing
/usr/pgsql-9.1/bin/psql to load the wrong libpq,
/usr/pgsql-9.0/lib/libpq.so.5 which was triggering the error...

psql: invalid connection option "client_encoding"

I'm not sure how exactly this is supposed to work with two parallel
versions installed.   ld.so can't exactly sort out two libpq.so.5's ..
I would have expected the 9.1 stuff to be -R path linked with the
correct /usr/pgsql-9.1/lib stuff, and not to have ANY entries in
/etc/ld.so.conf.d  ...