Re: Patch pg_is_in_backup() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: Patch pg_is_in_backup()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 30-01-2012 15:33, Gilles Darold wrote:
> Yesterday I was facing a little issue with a backup software (NetBackup)
> that do not report error when a post backup script is run. The problem
> is that this script execute pg_stop_backup() and if there's any failure
> PostgreSQL keeps running in on-line backup mode. So the backup is not
> completed and the next one too because the call to pg_start_backup()
> will fail.

I use something similar to your pl/PgSQL version and was about to propose
something along these lines to core. +1 to include it. Please, add your patch
to the next CF.

--   Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento