Re: PostgreSQL 9.0.4 blocking in lseek? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Matteo Beccati
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.0.4 blocking in lseek?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 28/12/2011 19:07, Claudio Freire wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Matteo Beccati <php@beccati.com> wrote:
>> The query eventually completed in more than 18h. For comparison a normal
>> run doesn't take more than 1m for that specific step.
>>
>> Do you think that bad stats and suboptimal plan alone could explain such
>> a behaviour?
>
> Did you get the explain analyze output?

Unfortunately I stopped it as I thought it wasn't going to return
anything meaningful. I've restarted the import process and it will break
right before the problematic query. Let's see if I can get any more info
tomorrow.

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati