Re: FlexLocks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: FlexLocks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:

>>> The extraWaits code still looks like black magic to me

>> [explanation of the extraWaits behavior]
>
> Thanks.  I'll spend some time reviewing this part.  There is some
> rearrangement of related code, and this should arm me with enough
> of a grasp to review that.

I got through that without spotting any significant problems,
although I offer the attached micro-optimizations for your
consideration.  (Applies over the top of your patches.)

As far as I'm concerned it looks great and "Ready for Committer"
except for the modularity/pluggability question.  Perhaps that could
be done as a follow-on patch (if deemed a good idea)?

-Kevin

Attachment