Re: pg_restore: [custom archiver] error during file seek: Invalid argument - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: pg_restore: [custom archiver] error during file seek: Invalid argument
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 31.10.2011 07:55, Satheesan K Nair wrote:
> We are trying to restore a 3.2GB sized POstgreSql 8.1 Data base. When it is reaching a particular table restoration,
givingerror as "pg_restore: [custom archiver] error during file seek: Invalid argument" and exiting the restoration.

> Then when we have googled it, we found that PostgreSql will not support a Backup file of more than 2 GB. We would
liketo know that any of later Versions of the PostgreSql have been got fixed this problem?

I belive PostgreSQL has been able to handle that since version 7.3, if
the operating system support is there. What operating system and version
do you use?

--
   Heikki Linnakangas