Re: pg_dump with select command - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adarsh Sharma
Subject Re: pg_dump with select command
Date
List pgsql-general

I am sorry Sir, but Still I am not able to solve the issue.

I followed the below steps & they are :-

1. Create table from the main tables by create table as select command.
2. Then I take the backup of that tables and restore on the remote machine.
3. After this I have to change the table names to the original ones in the remote server.

Where as , In mysql we have -X option to specify a query while taking backups & then restore them. But I think Postgresql  doesnot support this.

Thanks