Re: PostgreSQL benchmarked on XFS vs ZFS vs btrfs vs ext4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Toby Corkindale
Subject Re: PostgreSQL benchmarked on XFS vs ZFS vs btrfs vs ext4
Date
List pgsql-general
On 15/09/11 02:46, Robert Treat wrote:
> Can you go into some more detail on how you set up ZFS on these systems?

I'm afraid my knowledge of ZFS is rather weak compared to the other
filesystems - all I really did was zpool create followed by zfs create,
using all the defaults.

The zpool was created against an LVM logical volume (which was the same
one used for all the filesystems measured in the tests). That LV was
itself part of a volume group that was striped over three disks (Western
Digital WD1003FBYX).

I'm happy to re-run the benchmark with different ZFS options if you can
suggest some. Unfortunately I can't easily bypass the LVM layer here, as
the disks involved are fully committed to the volume group and I don't
want to rebuild the machine.

Cheers,
Toby