Re: Problem with the 9.1 one-click installer Windows7 64bit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brar Piening
Subject Re: Problem with the 9.1 one-click installer Windows7 64bit
Date
List pgsql-general
Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> So I killed the iacls.exe and the script proceeded, just to hang at
> the next call to icacls.exe when it tried to set the privileges on the
> directory for the postgres user despite the fact that that user
> already was the owner and had full control over it. So I killed
> icacls.exe again and then the script finally finished without
> problems. The service was registered and successully started.

Before killing hanging processes that I can't explain I usually go out
and get myself a coffee.
In this particular case it fixed the problem because iacls.exe didn't
actually hang but only took some time to complete.

Regards,

Brar