Re: pg_upgrade automatic testing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pg_upgrade automatic testing
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On fre, 2011-09-02 at 16:00 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Basically the idea is to stash away build and data dirs (after we've run
>> regression, PL and contrib testing) for stable branches (via a command
>> line option) and then test upgrading them. A trial run on the first part
>> is currently running. Once I have that sorted out I'll work on the
>> testing bit ;-)
> It won't work, unless you have a solution for fixing the paths of the
> shared library modules used by the regression tests.

Well, we could drop those functions and not run tests that require them.
Or we could possibly install the libraries in $libdir and hack pg_proc
accordingly. We'd have to install them on both the source and
destination branches, of course.

Maybe people can think of other possible solutions too. I don't think we
should give up in this too easily.

Maybe we need to develop a test db specifically for pg_upgrade anyway.

cheers

andrew