Re: Help me improve the 9.1 release draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Help me improve the 9.1 release draft
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 8/24/11 9:56 AM, John Wang wrote:
> I made a few initial edits to the 9.1 press release which can be seen here:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/91releasedraft
>
> As mentioned by Josh, one of my goals is to explain how the features can
> benefit users so that:
>
> (a) existing users needing and waiting for features will want to upgrade
> (b) existing and new users may see new features they want to try out
>
> I agree it would be nice to have a unifying theme as well so there is more
> to do.

Thanks!

Hmmm ... looking at a lot of your descriptions, I think they belong on
the "extended release".  Thing is, the official press release needs to
fit into a page and a half of text.

Lemme rearrange and you can see what I'm talking about.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.