Re: Wrong statistics for overloaded functions - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Erwin Brandstetter
Subject Re: Wrong statistics for overloaded functions
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On 07.07.2011 08:52, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 21:22 +0200, Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
>> Aloha!
>>
>> I have been observing irregularities in the function statistics for some time. Now I have investigated and believe
tohave found the cause.
>> Everything is here, including a proposed fix:
>>       http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/325
>>
> The fix you propose requires from us to write a patch for PostgreSQL
> (which won't be available to users before 9.2) for something we can
> already do right into pgAdmin. Instead of filtering with the name of the
> schema and the function, we should use its OID. This way, we could fix
> 1.12, and 1.14 really quickly.

Yeah, that's even better. Makes the query simpler, too.
I was unsure whether funcid was known at the time of the query.

I do wonder, however, why the function arguments, part of the function signature, would not be included in
pg_catalog.pg_stat_user_functions.
Would you think this is worthy of a suggestion to the postgres people?

Regards
Erwin