Re: Review of VS 2010 support patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brar Piening
Subject Re: Review of VS 2010 support patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Review of VS 2010 support patches
From: Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>
To: Brar Piening <brar@gmx.de>
Date: 06.07.2011 14:56

> It turns out that VS2010v8.patch is also attached to the same message.
> Not that you'd know it from the ... interesting ... way the web ui
> presents attachments. Sorry I missed it.

Yes I've also noticed that the web ui has somewhat screwed up the two
patches attached to my email.

This seems avoidable as one can see in
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-07/msg00140.php but I
don't know how.

[...]

> That makes sense. Do you want to integrate those in a v9 revision
> along wiht a docs patch?
I certainly could. But as those files are Andrew's work which isn't
really related to VS2010 build and could as well be commited seperately
I don't want to take credit for it.
I'll remove my versions from the patch (v9 probably) if those files get
commited.

[...]

> For the docs, it might be worth being more specific about the visual
> studio versions.

[...]

Thanks for the hints I'll consider then once I'll get started with the docs.

[...]

> Now I just need to test with Windows SDK 6.0 (if I can even get it to
> install on win7 x64; the installer keeps crashing) as that's the SDK
> shipped with Visual Studio 2005 SP1 .

Actually I've also successfully tested an empty (no config.pl) 32-bit
build using Visual Studio 2005 RTM.

Regards,

Brar