Re: seq scan in the case of max() on the primary key column - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: seq scan in the case of max() on the primary key column
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 06/22/2011 02:12 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> Given that many folks still run < 9.0 in production, the wiki page
> should really have a version of that function for older versions,
> whether it's long or not.

I updated the page already to be clear about what versions of PostgreSQL
it works on, and it directs people to Shaun's original message if they
are running 8.2.  The only people who might get confused now are the
ones running EDB's versions, where the exact features you get in
particular versions can be slightly different than the community
version.  But that problem both exists in other parts of the wiki, and
is a bit outside of its scope to try and address.