Re: You could be a PostgreSQL Patch Reviewer! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: You could be a PostgreSQL Patch Reviewer!
Date
Re: You could be a PostgreSQL Patch Reviewer!
List pgsql-general
On 16/06/11 04:49, Josh Berkus wrote:

> We especially need folks who are able to build PostgreSQL on Windows, as
> we have several Windows-specific patches and no reviewers for them.

Urrrrrrrggh. Does that mean I have to volunteer myself? ;-)

I kind of regret learning to develop on Windows, because I find it a
horrid environment*, but so does everybody else, most of whom have been
clever enough not to learn it. They can say "I don't know Windows" and
they're safe.

Any chance of flagging patches on the commitfest when they're platform
specific? I'm hurting for time but will check out Windows-specific stuff
if it's an area the project particularly needs help with.

* Except for Visual C++'s debugger, which is a godsend, and so good it's
almost worth learning to code on Windows to use. I will never use gdb
for c++ again given the choice. gdb is a C debugger with bizarre
delusions that it's also a C++ debugger. Most of my C++ code is
cross-platform primarily so I can code on Linux, interactively debug on
Windows, and use Linux for valgrind memory debugging.

--
Craig Ringer