Re: You could be a PostgreSQL Patch Reviewer! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: You could be a PostgreSQL Patch Reviewer!
Date
Re: You could be a PostgreSQL Patch Reviewer!  (Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-general
Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> writes:
> Any chance of flagging patches on the commitfest when they're platform
> specific? I'm hurting for time but will check out Windows-specific stuff
> if it's an area the project particularly needs help with.

Well, a quick look through
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/inprogress
suggests that these could use attention:

Latch implementation: wake on postmaster death, reduce archiver wakeups
    Has a Windows-specific implementation, which needs testing

POSIX shared memory
    Does this work on Windows?

Allow multiple Postgres clusters running on the same machine to distinguish themselves in the event log
    Windows-only feature, I assume

Add Support for building with Visual Studio 2010
    Needs testing not only with VS2010, but older versions

libpq SSL with non-blocking sockets (WIP)
    Might need testing on Windows, not sure

            regards, tom lane