Re: procpid? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: procpid?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 6/11/2011 1:02 AM, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 12:02 AM, Jim Nasby<jim@nasby.net>  wrote:
>> It's damn annoying... enough so that I'd personally be in favor of creating a pid column that has the same data so
wecan deprecate

>> procpid and eventually remove it...
> well, if we will start changing bad picked names we will have a *lot*
> of work to do... starting by the project's name ;)

There is a difference between a project name and something that directly
affects usability. +1 on fixing this. IMO, we don't create a new pid
column, we just fix the problem. If we do it for 9.2, we have 18 months
to communicate the change.

Joshua D. Drake