Re: SSI work for 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: SSI work for 9.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> I am in full agreement with this patch.
I found that pgindent would like to tweak whitespace in three places
in that patch, and I found an unnecessary include that I would like
to remove.  Normally, I would post a new version of the patch with
those adjustments, but there's been a disquieting tendency for
people to not look at what's actually happening with revisions of
this patch and act like the sky is falling with each refinement.
Let me be clear: each posted version of this patch has been safe and
has been an improvement on what came before.  Dan and I didn't
disagree about what to do at any point; Dan figured out what to do
with two calls I left alone because I faded before I could work out
how to deal with them.  Essentially we collaborated on-list rather
than discussing things off-list and posting the end result.  Perhaps
that was a bad choice, but time was short and I had hopes that a
change people had requested could be included in beta2.
Here are the tweaks which should be applied after Dan's last version
of the patch.  If people prefer, I'll post a roll-up including them.
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=users/kgrittn/postgres.git;a=commitdiff;h=0258af4168a130af0d1e52294b248d54715b5f72
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=users/kgrittn/postgres.git;a=commitdiff;h=bb951bacd9700cdbddb0beba338a63bd301b200d
-Kevin