Poster Distribution, also poster auction - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

All,

I have 100 PostgreSQL 9.1 posters for promoting the new database
version.  I'd like to know where these should go.  What conferences are
coming up in the next 3 months which could distributed them to good effect?

What I see is:

Open Source Bridge (June, USA): no booth, so not much opporunity to use
posters.  Might give a couple away at PostgreSQL talks.

CHAR(11) (July, Oxford): No way to get the posters there.

OSCON (July, USA): pgDay.  PostgreSQL Booth.  Can use posters, send some
to Portland

Then we have three more:

Postgres Open (September, USA)
Postgres West (September, USA)
pg.EU (October, Amsterdam)

I think it would be fine to supply posters to any of these conferences,
but I'd like to hear from organizers involved: How many posters can you
actually use, and what would you do with them?

Note that these cost us a bit in printing costs, so I'd like some of
them to go for donations of $5 or $10.

==================

Poster Auction

We had all of the developers at the Developers meeting ... some 30 major
contributors to PostgreSQL ... sign two of the 9.1 posters.  One poster
went at auction to Gavin Roy for $750 (which went to benefit the
Japanese Red Cross).

I still have the second poster.  Unfortunately, I don't know any other
event which has a terrific auctioneer like Dan to get a good price for
it.  It really needs to go for more than $200.

As a result, I'm thinking of putting it on Ebay or another public
auction site.  That would let most of the world have a shot at acquiring
this piece of PostgreSQL history.  Thoughts?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.