Re: pg_listener in 9.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: pg_listener in 9.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01.06.2011 13:09, Dave Page wrote:
> The pg_listener table was removed in 9.0 in the revamp of
> LISTEN/NOTIFY. In pgAdmin we used to perform a number of selects from
> the table to get information about Slony clusters - for example, the
> PID of the slon process or to check if a process is listening for a
> specific notification. This allows the app to indicate to the user if
> there is something wrong with their replication cluster.
>
> I can't find any way to get that information now - any ideas?

Hmm, my first thought was that we should add a view to display that
information, but that's not possible, because we don't have that
information in shared memory. The information on what channels are being
listened on is now backend-local.

Does the slon process set application_name? You could query
pg_stat_activity with that.