Re: Getting a bug tracker for the Postgres project - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Getting a bug tracker for the Postgres project
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/31/2011 05:41 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Excerpts from Josh Berkus's message of mar may 31 17:05:23 -0400 2011:
>

>> BTW, we talked to Debian about debbugs ages ago, and the Debian project
>> said that far too much of debbugs was not portable to other projects.
>>
> The good news is that the GNU folk proved them wrong, as evidenced
> elsewhere in the thread.

What happened is that one of the authors got motivated (not sure
why/how) to put a major amount of work into making the code portable so
that sites other than Debian could use it.  So past perceptions about it
being really hard were correct, that's just been fixed since then.