Re: Fwd: Unable to Install - "unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Fwd: Unable to Install - "unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path"
Date
List pgsql-general
On 22/05/2011 6:08 AM, Wei wrote:
> Can anyone help?

Please don't just forward a message you already sent to re-post it. Most
people will ignore it, as you discovered.

Make the minimal effort required to say "I asked this earlier and didn't
hear back. I've done a bunch of Google searching, haven't had any luck
finding the answer, and am really stuck. Would anyone mind taking a
moment to have a look? Here's a detailed list of what I've tried to do."

Yes, that requires doing some work for yourself. A quick search should
have found information including this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5224042/postgresql-9-install-on-winxp-unable-to-write-inside-temp-environment-path

and this:

   http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_Installation

and of course this:

   http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

... all of which would've helped you ask a question with enough
information that someone could actually help you - or answer it yourself.

--
Craig Ringer