Re: PGXN Hosting - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: PGXN Hosting
Date
List pgsql-www
On 05/11/2011 08:39 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On May 11, 2011, at 11:32 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
>> Actually, the default packages are 8.4 ;)
>>
>> But IIRC we have a backport around for 9.0 already.
>
> Great.
>
>> If it's too annoying, we could go with a backport of perl as well,
>> assuming one exists.
>
> Looks like 5.12.3 has been built for sid:
>
>    http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=perl
>
> Is that do-able? Would save me some effort to use that (effort better spent on community auth integration).

I would stringly prefer to stay on 5.10 from squeeze if that is doable,
manual backporting of such a huge package like perl with its millions of
forward and reverse dependencies will cause no end of pain :(
Running the (available) postgresql 9.0 backport is a breeze compared to
that however.

Stefan