Re: v1.14 SQL editor collapsing feature - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Erwin Brandstetter
Subject Re: v1.14 SQL editor collapsing feature
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On 06.05.2011 21:52, Dave Page wrote:
> On Friday, May 6, 2011, Erwin Brandstetter<brsaweda@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> About the new feature the SQL editor: collapsing / expanding logical parts of the code .. (Do we have a name for
it?)

>> Other features like this have an entry in the "View" menu with which to activate / deactivate it.
>>      Indent guides
>>      Line ends
>>      White space
>>
>> I had half expected to find an entry for the new feature, too. Would you think adding one is a good idea?
>> The feature seems pretty useful most of the time. But it would be nice to be able to deactivate it, too ... if
that'seven possible.
> Not much point really - if you don't want to use it, don't collapse anything.

If you don't use it, it still clutters up the interface and takes away
some space, which might be a concern for smaller displays.
After a lot of effort went into dialogs usable at 800x600 I could see
additional benefit here. Not that I plan to work on 800x600. Just saying ..