Re: A small step towards more organized beta testing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: A small step towards more organized beta testing
Date
Re: A small step towards more organized beta testing  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
>> Are we really running a Google spreadsheet as in effect a bug tracker?
>
> And why are we so inistant on not posting bug reports to pgsql-bugs?

We're not.  However:

a) pgsql-bugs doesn't help us to get all of the various test information
without a lot of back-and-forth with the submitter (platform, version,
install method, test run, etc.)

b) pgsql-bugs is for failures only, and not for successful tests, and we
need successful tests as well to know how we're doing.

However, that does suggest that having the eventual test report app
(working on it), post failures to pgsql-bugs on some kind of moderated
basis.

BTW, if anyone knows of a specific *testing* application out there which
handles user testing, then please speak up before I write one.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.