Re: Version 1.10.5 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Version 1.10.5
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le 24/04/2011 19:01, Bob Pawley a écrit :
> [...]
> I am having trouble and it seems to be this version of PGAdmin.
>
> Some geometry fields are not visible in the table view and return a null value on a simple select query.

Not visible and NULL are not the same thing. Empty strings are of course
not visible. NULL values are usually not visible in the query tool. In
the edit grid, you can ask pgadmin to display a special value. Really
long values (big big string) sometimes aren't display in a good way,
which is obviously not good. This is a big issue with pgadmin, that we
are aware of. We need to work on that for the next release (I mean 1.16,
and not 1.14).

> These fields do contain information.
>
> I can copy the supposedly null fields to clipboard and paste the result to word.
>
> Using version 1.10.0 all of these fields are fully accessible.
>
> The fields are quite large (3 plus pages in word).
>
> Is this a known problem or am I not doing something properly??

The issue is in pgAdmin, not you :)

And I don't think 1.10.0 had anything special that could make them
appear. This is just an issue with the way pgAdmin and wxWidgets deal
with really long strings in a grid.

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com