Re: Proposal for a PostgreSQL Print Magazine - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Satoshi Nagayasu
Subject Re: Proposal for a PostgreSQL Print Magazine
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi,

On 2011/03/16 1:14, damien clochard wrote:
>> About distributing this at conferences: I fear it's ultimately going to
>> be giveaway-CD 2.0: everyone grabs one, most will throw it away.
>
> Any print media will be thrown away eventually. That's their destiny :)
>
> Seriously, this is clearly the question : will people read it or not ?
> and that's the all point of doing an issue #0 ...
>
> Personnaly, i think that a print mag can't be compared to CD and i
> believe that it will be read, based on the popularity of the PostgreSQL
> articles in GNU/Linux Magazine France.

Printed media is still having some efforts when we meet new people
in face to face at several events. When we meet new people at a booth,
we give an issue, they scan the issue, we discuss about topics in the issue,
exchange and share ideas, and involve them to expand the community.

And they may share it with their colleagues at their office
after the event. :)

That's why we still need printed media at the event.

iPad or Kindle (I really like them!) would be great channels
to reach out for readers, but I think "One size does not fit all".

Regards,
--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <satoshi.nagayasu@gmail.com>