Re: Proposal for a PostgreSQL Print Magazine - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From damien clochard
Subject Re: Proposal for a PostgreSQL Print Magazine
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi

Le 12/03/2011 16:29, Robert Bernier a écrit :
> It requires an editor, not just writers, to make it work

Yes the editing job is more complex than finding content. This is why it
is interesting to d it once for the english version and then let local
users translate the file in their own language.

Of course, local translations team will need a guy that can play with
Scribus but the skills required are very basic because only a few
textbox will need to be adapted or resized... 98% of the layout won't
change.

>> Greetings, precisely because these days I was designing some logos for the
>> same idea a postgresql magazine in Spanish. But the important thing is that
>> the journal exists in print in several languages. The magazine is a
>> necessity, without it very difficult to see the Diffusion of postgresql.
>> Coincidentally I was thinking about who could write articles for the
>> magazine, my idea was to create a magazine for Colombia, but if we develop
>> a global magazine, why not do it ..

Actually in the first place, i wanted to create the magazine in French (
my mother tongue ) but i realized it's a bad idea. It's much more easier
to find articles in English, aggregate them and afterwards translate the
whole magazine. That way we can do collaborative work on the english
version and then each local is responsible of the translation.

To give an idea : I think that with an average translation team of 3-4
persons, a full translation can be achieved in 4 weeks.

--
damien clochard
dalibo.com | dalibo.org