Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: wrapping up this CommitFest (was Re: knngist - 0.8)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> Since we appear to be still holding the commitfest open for Sync Rep,
>> I guess this ought to get reviewed.
>
> Or else we should close the CommitFest and cut alpha4.  Anyone have an
> opinion on which way to go?

I think we can give Sync Rep until the 15th, given the pace of work on
it.  It is a major feature, and a complicated one.

We could even cut a pre-synch-rep Alpha4 *now*, and follow that with a
post-synch-rep Alpha5 sometime around April 1.

That'll put us in a good position for beta, and also to see what
specific issue SynR adds.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com