Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again... - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mladen Gogala
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...
Date
List pgsql-performance
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 18:33 -0500, Mladen Gogala wrote:
>

>>> Exactly what we don't want.
>>>

>> Who is "we"?
>>

> The majority of long term hackers.

If that is so,  I don't see "world domination" in the future, exactly
the opposite. Database whose creators don't trust their users cannot
count on the very bright future. All other databases do have that
feature. I must say, this debate gave me a good deal of stuff to think
about.

--

Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA