Re: Book recommendation? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Ross
Subject Re: Book recommendation?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 02/01/11 08:55, Herouth Maoz wrote:
> As a result of my recent encounter with table bloat and other tuning issues I've been running into, I'm looking for a
goodresource for improving my tuning skills.

> My sysadmin ran into the following book:
>
> PostgreSQL 9.0 High Performance, by Gregory Smith, ISBN 184951030X
> http://amzn.com/184951030X
>
> Which covers versions 8.1 through 9.
>
> Any opinions on this book? Other suggestions?
>
> Thank you,
> Herouth

I bought this when it first came out.  I bought the pdf version directly
from Packt bundled with the PostgreSQL 9 Admin Cookbook for an amazingly
low price.

I doubt you'll find a better book resource for recent versions of
PostgreSQL.  Both are  well and clearly written, and cover a lot of
ground in great detail.

Greg Smith has helped me and countless others on this and the
Performance list and he is truly an authoritative resource.

Jeff